Re: string-width error?

I wrote:

>A little testing reveals that string-width only uses the first 255
>characters in its argument string to calculate the pixel width; any
>characters beyond that are ignored. This is probably a reasonable limit for
>most screen and font sizes, but it seems to be an undocumented one.

I meant, of course, undocumented in the MCL docs. A little research in
Inside Mac reveals that the _StringWidth toolbox call takes a str255
argument. For those of us who use MCL to avoid dealing with the Mac
infrastructure as much as possible, coming up against such limits may still
be a bit of a surprise.

=== John R. Gersh                        John_Gersh@jhuapl.edu
=== The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
=== Laurel, MD 20723-6099 USA
=== +1 (301)953-5503 (voice)             +1 (301)953-6583 (fax)