Re: Subview performance problem

At 1:01 PM 2/11/95, Peter Stone wrote:
>I'm having a performance problem with subviews. I have a window of 1000
>subviews and it takes 27 seconds to build before you can start editing
>it. Scrolling is really slow even in Quadra. How to speed it up?

MCL's view system was not designed for huge numbers of views.

As Karsten Poeck said, you may get better performance if you add
some hierarchy to your views.

Quite a while ago, Alan Ruttenberg and Dave (whose last name I have
forgotten) implemented a quad-tree extension to MCL's view system to solve
just the problem you're having. I don't know if their code still works or
if they are at liberty to release it. Alan?