[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Best way to convert integer to string?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Best way to convert integer to string?
- From: email@example.com (Peter Stone)
- Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 09:24:29 +0100
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm updating counters as a periodic task on a window while playing a
MIDI sequence. From time to time the counters will freeze. I'm using princ-to-string to convert the counter values to strings before printing
with #_DrawString. I'm suspecting that freezing is caused by ephemeral
garbage collection, and endeed when I test princ-to-string it makes lots of garbage:
(time (dotimes (i 1000) (princ-to-string 123)))
(dotimes (i 1000) (princ-to-string 123)) took 1696 milliseconds (1.696 seconds) to run.
Of that, 24 milliseconds (0.024 seconds) were spent in The Cooperative Multitasking Experience.
96000 bytes of memory allocated.
Is there a better way to print integers?