Re: Changing to FRED

At 6:11 AM 2/20/95, Roberto Lim Ong wrote:
>I have created a program to create a display window when loaded.
>How do I change the active window to be the Listener, coz I need to
>read a character from the Listener (and vice versa)?
>
>Thanks for any help.
>
>regards.
>
>Roberto

You can call (window-select *top-listener*) to bring the Listener
to the front. However, the Listener itself will probably read any
characters typed to it; what you probably want is to define or
specialize view-key-event-handler for your window in order to
read and collect or process characters typed when it is frontmost.

- Steve Hain

Digitool, Inc.
                          675 Massachusetts Avenue   Cambridge, MA 02139   USA
                              Internet: slh@digitool.com   AppleLink: digitool
                                         Tel: 617 441-5000   Fax: 617 576-7680