[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Changing to FRED
- To: Roberto Lim Ong <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Changing to FRED
- From: email@example.com (Steve Hain)
- Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 14:04:54 -0500
- Cc: MCL <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
At 6:11 AM 2/20/95, Roberto Lim Ong wrote:
>I have created a program to create a display window when loaded.
>How do I change the active window to be the Listener, coz I need to
>read a character from the Listener (and vice versa)?
>Thanks for any help.
You can call (window-select *top-listener*) to bring the Listener
to the front. However, the Listener itself will probably read any
characters typed to it; what you probably want is to define or
specialize view-key-event-handler for your window in order to
read and collect or process characters typed when it is frontmost.
- Steve Hain
675 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02139 USA
Internet: firstname.lastname@example.org AppleLink: digitool
Tel: 617 441-5000 Fax: 617 576-7680