[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: MCL crash on 540c, floating pt processor not installed?
- To: wrmurr2@srv.PacBell.COM (William Murray)
- Subject: Re: MCL crash on 540c, floating pt processor not installed?
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Steve Hain)
- Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 21:29:35 -0500
- Cc: email@example.com, wrmurr2@srv.PacBell.COM
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
At 5:01 PM 2/23/95, William Murray wrote:
>When I load MCL on a powerbook 540c and evaluate the files to
>support Apple events or an eval server, the 540c crashes with
>the following error message:
> Floating point coprocessor not installed
>and I have to restart.
>Does anyone know whats causing this and how to fix it? Any help
>will be greatly appreciated.
Upgrade to MCL 2.0.1, which fixes this and many other problems. You can do so via anonymous FTP from ftp.cambridge.apple.com (look under /pub/mcl/patches) or from APDA for $25. The latter approach has the advantage that you get a CD-ROM with update contributed code and don't have to spend time applying the 2.0->2.0.1 converter.
- Steve Hain
675 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02139 USA
Internet: email@example.com AppleLink: digitool
Tel: 617 441-5000 Fax: 617 576-7680