Re: Why no :PROMPT arg to CHOOSE-FILE-DIALOG?

At 4:18 PM 3/3/95, Chuck Fry wrote:
>In MCL 2.0.1, CHOOSE-FILE-DIALOG does not allow me to specify a
>prompt, only a string for the "Open" button.  However,
>CHOOSE-NEW-FILE-DIALOG has a :PROMPT keyword arg.  Why doesn't C-F-D
>offer a prompt?
>
>I suggest this as an enhancement for MCL 3.0.
> -- Chuck Fry  chucko@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov

CHOOSE-FILE-DIALOG is a high-level wrapper around the _SFGetFile
trap. That trap accepts a prompt string, but doesn't do anything
with it. Hence, MCL would need to modify the _SFGetFile dialog
in order to do anything with a prompt string, certainly possible,
but not the standard Mac user interface.