Wood 0.9 (William's Object Oriented Database)

Wood (William's Object Oriented Database) is a simple persistent store
for MCL 2.0. It can save/restore all Lisp objects to/from disk and
has B-Trees for indexing.

Wood version 0.9 is on the anonymous FTP server at digitool.com
in the file /pub/mcl2/contrib/wood-0.9.sea.hqx.
The documentation is contained in that archive and is also
in the file /pub/mcl2/contrib/wood.doc.
Release notes are in the archive as the file "@Release Notes 0.9".

Wood is still not complete, but it is useable. I hope to add a
transaction/recovery system to it in the near future (within the next
6 months) at which time I will finally consider it good enough to be
called version 1.0.

Please try it and send me feedback.

Send bug reports to bug-wood@cambridge.apple.com.

Send questions and comments for other interested Wood users to
info-wood@cambridge.apple.com.

To subscribe to info-wood, send a request to
info-wood-request@cambridge.apple.com
(info-wood-req@cambridge.apple.com@internet# for AppleLink users).

The BinHex'ed self extracting archive is about 3160K bytes long.
Please don't ask me to mail it unless you really don't have FTP
access and are serious about using it. I will be glad to post
it to AppleLink or mail the documentation file (about 30K) on request.