Balloon Help goes pop under 7.5!

Balloon help (the "help-manager" file in the MCL library folder) has
been giving me lots of little problems, but one thing in particular
is puzzling me:

Under System 7.5 only, ballon help will *only* work on the first couple of
menu items of any given menu. Just to make things more exciting,
the balloons for any remaining menu items will sometimes flash on *very*
briefly just as the cursor *exits* the menu item!

I should say that this happens on my application created with save-application.
When running a pristine copy of MCL2.0.1, help works on more than the
first two items, but still not on all. The situation is not improved by
increasing the memory allocation to either MCL or my application.

This problem did not occur with my old system 7.0.1!

Any ideas?

--

Dimitri Simos                               dim@lissys.demon.co.uk
Lissys Ltd.                 Tel.(Voice & Fax): UK (+44) 509 235620