MCL 3.0 Questions

I have a couple of questions for Digitool (or anybody
else) on MCL 3.0.

1) Will there be more MOP support? Specifically, I could
really use ensure-class and having slots be real objects
for some work I'm doing. Not having these features requires
a lot of nonportable code.

2) How will threading be implemented w.r.t. specials and
let bindings? I would hope that specials would behave
as globals to all threads unless they are let-bound in
the context in which the thread was created, in which case
they start in that thread with their let-binding. And
what about the "extra-special" specials like *print-circle*
and friends--those probably should get bindings attached
automatically so each thread has its own version of them.
In addition, I would like to see some easy "hook" functions
to allow me to do my own binding and initialization stuff
at thread creation, switchin, and switchout time, much
like the Thread Manager allows now but programmable in Lisp.

What, if any, of these features will we see in MCL 3.0?
Thanks.
--
Shannon Spires
Internet: svspire@sandia.gov