XEROX 1100, PDP-10 performance...

Hello. During some recent reading of some old comp sci materials, I found
reference to a "SUMEX, PDP-10, with a KI-10 uniprocessor 256k core memory"
and a "XEROX 1100 series". I wondered if anyone out there might know how
many
million instructions per second (or fractions of MIPS) such machines would
be
able to run. Otherwise, if someone knows how fast relative to a
Pentium90??
Any comments on these old machines' performance(late 1970's/early 1980's)
would be of help. BTW, please respond to my account not just the bboard,
as I
might not be able to read them for a while.
 Thanx:)

JasonStowe@aol.com
(caps important)