Effective Methods

Anyone out there implemented the algorithm for computing the effective method
to be dispatched on a method call (assume standard method combinations).  I am
trying to create a function dispatcher in a non-object oriented lang (ADA-83)
which mirrors the CLOS standard method combinations.  I already have the class
precedence lists for the classes of the args in the method call.  I would like
to create a data structure to parse through rather than having to dynamically
do the complete method combination routine.  In Steele p. 794 there is a
discussion of how to compute the effective method.  I was looking for some
slick and effecient way to do this (i.e. borrow someone else's work).

By the way, I know the question that comes to mind is why do this, just use
lisp.  I can't agree more.  However, I have a large CLOS system that I need to
port to ADA and cannot get around the Gov's Ada requirement.

Of course I know this is a loaded question since the mere existance of MCL
implies that someone has done this.

Thanks in advance.

 \_     \_   \_   \_    \_      \_   \_        United Defense
  \_     \_   \_    \_   \_      \_\_\_        4800 East River Road
   \_     \_   \_   \_    \_      \_           Minneapolis, Minnesota 55421
     \_\_\_     \_\_\_     \_\_\_  \_          Office : (612) 572-7922
                                               Fax : (612) 572-4912
                                               Home : (612) 339-7096
                                               paul_hasse@fmc.com