Re: AppleEvents

Excerpts from netnews.comp.lang.lisp.mcl: 26-Apr-95 AppleEvents by
Corrina Perrone@sigi.cs.
> I'm trying to get AppleEvents in MCL to behave.  I'm using
> defappleevents (from CMU), with very frustrating results...
> Does anyone have any ideas what kinds of things would cause
> an application to return without error, but generally ignore
> the event and the parameters?

There are a couple of things that could be happening. It would help to
know what the receiving application is. Excel, for example, will ignore
AppleEvents without error if the application is in "input" mode.

If you're doing anything with AppleEvents, you should get AETracker (on
Apple's develop CD and probably their ftp and web sites). This is an
init that will record all AppleEvent activity. You can use it to see
whether the receiving application saw the AppleEvent and what it did
with it.

Steve