Oh no! No #'slot-value-using-class?

Okay, just when I thought I had an excuse for doing my own meta-class (I
want to enhance slot-value) but I see in the doc that
'slot-value-using-class' is "unsupported by MCL 2.0".

Did not see it in apropos (or Steele!), either.

I wanted to play a little game with slot-values, hiding it from the
programmer (me!). I was going to use a dotted pair in each slot. The car
would be the value. If nil, the cdr would be a lambda capable of
calculating the value, which would then be cached in the car. I was going
to use 'reinit... to explicitly clear car's when circumstances required the
calculations be made afresh.

I *had* been doing this by directing each slot accessor through a function
that worked via 'slot-value, but thought, gee, an excuse to define my own
metaclass!

But 'slot-value-using-class seems necessary to this, since slot-value per
se is a function.

End of a dream? <g>