Re: A Native Lisp for PowerMac

In article <3pudeb$p84@maureen.teleport.com>, "David B. Lamkins"
<dlamkins@teleport.com> wrote:

> Yes.  I've been checking out each new release of PowerLisp since it was
first available.  While it's true that 1.2 runs native and c=
> ompiles to native code on a PPC Macintosh, and is to my knowledge the
first Mac Lisp system to do so, it is not a full Common Lisp. =
>  It is missing CLOS, pathname support, and conditions -- probably more.
Also, it does not have reasonable debugging support yet.

I used MCL 1.x for a long time before I could afford to upgrade to 2.0.1,
and successfully used PCL to provide CLOS functionality. PowerLisp
evaluators might investigate this approach.

Mike Blackstone

Mike Blackstone