Fred "Discovery"

I wrote a LISP program to parse .DIF (data interchange format) files into a
simple LISP data structure.

When I run my routine for .DIF files over 1 Meg. in size, it often takes over
6 minutes real-time to load.  However, when I load the file with Fred it takes
less than 3 seconds real-time to load.

I can quickly scroll through the file in Fred which means that Fred is storing
the file in RAM somewhere.

Could I use Fred in my load program to first load the file into RAM and then
use Fred as my input buffer to improve my read performance?

Thanks,

Bruce Lester