[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Style Question: mapcar vs. dolist
- Subject: Style Question: mapcar vs. dolist
- From: email@example.com (Cecil Huang)
- Date: 23 May 1993 03:47:38 GMT
Thanks so much for answering my previous questions. I have been using MCL
for about a week now and I love it! I plan to use it for all of my proto-
Well, here's my question. In performing operations on list, I got into
the habit of doing things like
(mapcar #'(lambda (object) (some action on object)) list-of-objects)
Today, however, I discovered DOLIST. Presumably, I could do this instead:
(dolist (object list-of-objects) (some action on object))
So my questions are:
1. Are the above two forms always equivalent?
2. If so, when is it more stylistic to use DOLIST? To use MAPCAR?
Thanks for your input!