Doing what PPCBrowser does

I just *know* this is a solved problem.  Someone must have written the
code to do this at one time or another.  I want to send an appleevent
to an MCL process on another mac over localtalk.  There's nice example
code to do it, but I want to do it without having to go through the
#_PPCBrowser.  I already know the zone and name of the machine, and
the name of the program I want to send to.

I've just spent a couple of hours wandering around PascalRecordLand
with the inspector in one hand, and Inside Mac VI in the other.  I've
managed to convince myself that I could create the aeAddressDesc I
need, if only I were Mike Engber.  I've also managed to convince
myself that I'm not Mike Engber.

Can someone give me a pointer to a solution to this simple problem?

--
*Eric Shafto             * The excursion is the same when you go looking  *
*Institute for the       * for your sorrow as when you go looking for     *