choose-directory

Vincent Keunen (keunen@montefiore.ulg.ac.be) wrote:
: How can I add a prompt to choose-directory?  I need to have the user select
: a number of directories and without any prompt, it's hard to tell him what
: the program wants...

The simplest thing I do in such cases is to pop up a dialog before
calling such functions that tells the user what is about to happen.
The user continues by hitting an OK button.  I suppose you could do
something a little more elaborate like putting up an explanatory
window that stays up when the choose-directory-dialog window comes up.

In general the problem is that some functions put up windows that do
not provide adequate customizability.

-David

--
neves@ils.nwu.edu
Institute for the Learning Sciences, 1890 Maple, Evanston Il 60201