Strange situation

I have a strange situation with MCL.  After a series of actions (loading
and evaluations), the MCL system becomes so slow.  An example is, just
after loading a fresh MCL and my system, the move of an object on a window
is smooth while the mouse is still down, but, after a series of actions,
the move becomes unsmooth with the same code.  The usual way I use to
the situation is to quit MCL and to load a fresh MCL system.  However, I
am wondering whether there are certain good ways to deal with this
situation (e.g., turn of or off some MCL global variables) so that I can
control it.

Thanx in advance.

-J. Pan