Destructors & CLOS?

I have a memory leak which causes my program to crash after ~5000
iterations (nasty).  I am attempting to make a "Free Memory" window that
will display the amount of free memory on the Macintosh part of the
heap.  The following always returns 0, however.

(defun maxmem ()
  (%stack-block ((var-maxmem 4))
    (#_maxmem var-maxmem)
    (%get-long var-maxmem)))

Obviously, LISP is making the MAC OS think it has no memory.

So how do I get the amount of free memory on the Macintosh side of the heap?

Blaine.

P.S.  If this is in a manual, just give a pointer.

--------
He who has not hacked assembler as a child has no heart.
He who hacks assembler as an adult has no brain.

- Anonymous CS Grad Student.
--------