Garbage Collection (Again!)

Hi,
	is there any way of getting the garbage collector to give me some
feedback?

Reason-> If I thrash my program for a while, repeatedly
opening-parsing-displaying-closing files, the garbage collector eventually
goes into "infinite GC".  This would seem to imply that I'm not
"dealocating" objects (does that make sense in MCL?) or that memory is
getting fragmented (is there anything I can do about it in MCL?).

Thanks very much,
		Tom McDermott, spon@socs.uts.oz.au

PS: Thnx*10^6 to those who answered my previous question on GC 8-) !