how to compile methods

Hi, franz lisp gurus,
I used til now MCL2.0 on a Quadra 700 but performance problems forced me to
work on a Sparc with Franz Allegro 4.1.
On my mac I set the environment in such a way that during load and during definitions on toplevel all definitions were compiled.
Browsing through the mans I could not find how to configure Franz to behave in the same way. Is that  impossible in Franz Allegro?
My problem is that I cannot use :cf and than load the fasl because of some package problems in my application - a compiler for EuLisp.
My second - related - question is whether or not is it possible to compile single methods on toplevel.
Thanks in advance

--ulrich
Dr. E.Ulrich Kriegel, ulrich.kriegel@isst.fhg.de, (++49 30) 20372-346
Fraunhofer Institute for Software Engineering and Systems Engineering
(FhG ISST), Kurstrasse 33, D-O-1086 Berlin, FRG
fax:   (++49 30) 20372-207
 ==> ATTN: new ZIP # (valid from July 1st, 1993) D-10117 Berlin