KCL ON A SILICON GRAPHICS IRIS

   Posted-Date: Mon, 1 Feb 88 08:27:24 CST
   Date: Mon, 1 Feb 88 08:27:24 CST
   From: shamash!doug@uunet.uu.net (Doug Barry)

   Has anyone ported KCL to a Silicon Graphics Iris Machine?

   Doug Barry
   doug@shamash

My port to the Iris is available as part of Bill Schelter's skcl
package.

skcl includes fast fasl (one or two seconds - doesn't use ld -A),
profiling, faster function calls, some better debugging support, and
other good stuff.

skcl.tar.Z is available on rascal.

I have also made it publically ftp-able on orville.nas.nas.gov [128.102.20.2].

If there is enough interest from people who aren't on the internet,
I'll create an up-to-date diff of my Iris port and post it.

GRAPHICS IN LISP!

In addition, I have used the kcl foreign function interface to create
lisp bindings for most of the Iris gl2 graphics library.  You can get
a copy of this code by sending me a message (if I get enough requests,
I'll post it).

Both Bill Schelter's akcl (including my Iris port) and my kcl-gl2 code
seem at least as reliable as the vanilla kcl.

Have fun....

Eric Raible (raible@orville.nas.nasa.gov)