A stupid lisp question...

If on a symbolics or TI machine, you omit the :use'("LISP") they
throw in various stuff which you may not want.

	    (in-package 'foo)

One reason I use (in-package "SLOOP") is that if I want to
subsequently import 'sloop:sloop into the current package, I would be
in trouble if I did (in-package 'sloop) since the very act of reading
the symbol 'sloop would have interned it as an internal symbol in the
current package, and so a new symbol could not be imported from
outside.