PCL on KCL

I can't seem to get PCL to work on the KCL we have here on VAX/
ULTRIX. We have the June 3, 1987 release of KCL. In the file
get-pcl.text (of the most recent PCL release) it says PCL should work
with the June version of KCL. In the file notes.text, however, it says
PCL works with a later release of KCL: Oct. 15, 1987.

Is there more than one release? I was told that there wasn't.

PCL actually compiled, but then would not load when I tried it in a
new world. PCL would not even compile with AKCL.

Does anyone have a PCL up and running on KCL/AKCL and ULTRIX?
I would be most interested in hearing about PCL's on AKCL.

Thanks in advance,
Andy