Bug in AKCL Version 1.222

Bill Shelter,

The following output resulted in the new version of AKCL 1.222
I built this version on a SUN 3/80.

Starts dribbling to kclbug.222 (1989/10/12, 12:29:30).
NIL

>1.1
1.1000000000000001

>1.2
1.2

>(= 1.1 (+ .9 .2))

>1.9
1.8999999999999999

>1.0
1.0

>.1
0.10000000000000001

>(= 1.9 (+ 1.1 0.8))
NIL

>"The KCL version used is 1.222"
"The KCL version used is 1.222"

>(by)

This appears to be an obvious error.  Did I build this
version incorrectly?

I had previously sent you mail on the topic of displaced
arrays and the garbage collection process.  Your solution
appears to be valid.  I have also performed some testing
on this new version of AKCL and have had no problems.
Thank you for the timely reponse to these questions.

Bruce Westergren  AT&T Bell Labs  il/ihl/ihlpf!wester
~c ihlpf!clarisse