Compiler Error

[... running akcl 1.492 on a Sun 4/110 ... ]

Thanks to Robert Boyer I've figured out some of my problems with
fixnums.  I promise a more detailed explanation shortly.  In the
meantime, I think I've discovered a compiler error:

(defstruct test (slot 0 :type fixnum))
(defun reveal-error (x)
  (list (setf (test-slot x)
	      (the fixnum (1+ (the fixnum (test-slot x)))))))

Interpreted this works correctly - it increments test-slot and returns
that value in a list.  Compiled, the return value is incremented
twice.

                                        -- Scott Turner