akcl 599 compiler updates

Well, I'm closer to something, not sure what.

It turns out that if I build akcl 599 on a sun I have no problems, everything
works great.
I tried both gcc and cc on a 386 with ISC unix.  This almost works except
that with the compiled compiler (lisp compiler that is), it cannot
compile a lisp file correctly.  Interpreted is fine!?!?!
Something strange is happening with compiled code.

So.  I have isolated it to a problem with akcl 599 on the 386.  The
compiler I use to build it seems to be irrelevant.
If anyone has any suggestions as to how to proceed with this please
let me know.

thanks,

Joel Riedesel
jriedesel@den.mmc.com