[no subject]

cadreor!ling@nosun.West.Sun.COM
Subject: CLX under akcl

I have compiled the CLX in the X11 Release 5 distribution
with AKCL 603.

It required one minor change in sockcl.l, because akcl now records the
stream buffers in a separate field of the stream structure.   This
change was made because in some versions of unix, the stream buffer
cannot be correctly recovered from the fp pointer (for gc purposes).

I believe the same changes are necessary for the Release 4
distribution.

There are also some optimizations and a makefile which I will put on
rascal.ics.utexas.edu in

pub/clx-5-opts.tar.Z

If anyone knows where to send the change to get it incorporated into
the X distribution, please do so!

Inserting file ~/CLX-5/changes-made
---Begin File ~/CLX-5/changes-made---
*** sockcl.l	Tue Oct 22 13:01:56 1991
--- orig/sockcl.l	Sun Jul  7 17:49:01 1991
***************
*** 24,32 ****
  ;;; Load it with (si:faslink "sockcl.o" "socket.o -lc")

  (in-package :xlib)
! #+akcl
! (clines "#define AKCL
! ")
  ;;; The cmpinclude.h file does not have this type definition from
  ;;; <kcldistribution>/h/object.h.  We include it here so the
  ;;; compile-file will work without figuring out where the distribution
--- 24,30 ----

!
  ;;; The cmpinclude.h file does not have this type definition from
  ;;; <kcldistribution>/h/object.h.  We include it here so the
  ;;; compile-file will work without figuring out where the distribution
***************
*** 136,149 ****
       stream->sm_object0 = elem;
       stream->sm_object1 = host;
       stream->sm_int0 = stream->sm.sm_int1 = 0;
- #ifdef AKCL
-      stream->sm_buffer = 0;
-      stream->sm_buffer = alloc_contblock(BUFSIZ);
-      setbuf(fp, stream->sm_buffer);
- #else
       vs_push(stream);
       setbuf(fp, alloc_contblock(BUFSIZ));