CLX and AKCL, the adventure continues

Same setup as before:
  AKCL 1-605 (May Day PCL 4b), IBM RS/6000 AIX 3.1

Now I'm attempting to compile CLX-5 with the contents of
clx-5-opts.tar.Z snarfed from rascal.ics.utexas.edu . The make moves
on until it loads defsystem.l, at which point I get:

Error: Cannot find the external symbol FASLINK in #<"SYSTEM" package>.
Fast links are on: do (use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by READ.

BTW, this also happens when I attempt to build manually, and with
CLX-4.5 .

Any thoughts?

Tree
--