run-program in kcl

There is a function in common lisp called RUN-PROGRAM in Sun Common Lisp.
First of all, has anyone ever heard of it? Secondly, what does this
function do? And lastly, what is its counterpart in kcl. I know for sure
that my version of kcl does not support it.

Another thing that I would like to know is about the -load option of invoking
common lisp. In common lisp, you can invoke lisp by an option -load <filename>
which will load a given file into the interpreter before getting into it. I
was wondering what its counterpart in kcl is. I know (again) for sure that
my version of kcl does not do anything for -load or -l.

Thanks in advance for the help.

ttfn
	-Tush.

And any fool knows a dog needs a home, A shelter from pigs on the wing.
        -Roger Waters
email : saxena@cs.albany.edu                        Computer Science Department
Phone : 518-442-3388				    SUNY Albany
Tushar Saxena					    Albany NY 12222 (USA)