AKCL on Alliant FX2800

Hello,

I tried to bring up AKCL last year on an Alliant FX2800 and eventually gave
up (without working too hard, I admit) when I couldn't figure out how to handle
object file generation and loading:  the Alliant OS (Concentrix) is basically
bsd, but uses ELF for object files, and I couldn't find support for this
format.

I'd like to try again.  Did I give up to easily before?  Has anyone made this
or a similar port already?  (BTW, we have only the system's vanilla C
compiler.)

Thanks,
Bill Smith
wfsmith@cs.ucla.edu