Re: A problem about fresh and stale KCL

I also have some long-running programs in AKCL.  At least in my case,
I've always been able to maintain full CPU speed by paying attention
to minimizing garbage collections through re-using cons cells, arrays, etc.
For me, the biggest indicator that the program was slowing down due
to excessive use of virtual memory was during garbage collections.
I would set si::*nofity-gbc* to t.  When the wall clock time for
a garbage collection became much greater than the reported CPU time
(in units of 1/60 sec), I diagnosed it as excessive virtual memory
use, and tried to limit the creation of new objects of the indicated type.

Hopefully, comparing experiences helps.		- Gene Cooperman