AKCL problem with compile-file

	Hi there. I am running AKCL version 1.619 on a SGI Indigo
under IRIX 4.0.5. I am having a big problem with compile-file. here is
the most interesting problem. Consider the file foo.lsp:

(defun foo (&optional (a nil b) &rest c)
  (list a b c))

Now here is the AKCL session:

AKCL (Austin Kyoto Common Lisp)  Version(1.619) Mon Jul 26 02:00:03
PDT 1993
Contains Enhancements by W. Schelter

>(compile-file "foo")
Compiling foo.lsp.
End of Pass 1.
End of Pass 2.
OPTIMIZE levels: Safety=0 (No runtime error checking), Space=0,
Speed=3
Finished compiling foo.
#"foo.o"

>(load "foo")
start address -T b03000 Finished loading foo.o
388

>(foo 'x 'y 'z)

Error: Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]
Fast links are on: do (use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by FOO.
Broken at FOO.  Type :H for Help.

-------
	I have no idea how to go about solving this. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reginald S. Perry -- University of Washington, Department of Physics FM-15
                     Seattle, Washington 98195
reggie@u.washington.edu             (General-Mail)
reggie@muon.phys.washington.edu             (General-Mail)
reggie@quantum.phys.washington.edu  (NeXTMail)