Installing AKCL on SUN Sparc with gcc

    I'm having trouble installing AKCL on a Sun Sparc running SunOS 4.1.3.,
    using gcc-2.3.3.

The notes in the h/sun4.defs say:

#gcc 2.1 and 2.2 compile akcl correctly as far as I have been able to determine.
#gcc 2.3.3 does not compile akcl correctly

Further I have found that more recent versions of gcc eg gcc 2.4.5 do
appear to be ok for akcl.

There used to be a problem with format, when compiled with the sun
compiler which you pay money for.  It also compiled the file format.o
into something several times larger than expected.  I dont know about
recent versions of that compiler.

Bill