Re: Oh God! Still More Case!

[I haven't said anything about case yet at all, honest!]

I often use case in ways that depends on my being able to use
both upper and lower case to mean the same symbol.  For example

`(DEFUN ,name ,(nreverse arglist)
   (INITIALIZE-DATABASE (NREVERSE ,database-name))
   ,@body)

uses UPPER CASE as an additional anotation to highlight constants,
as opposed to code which will be compiled away.  Or

(putprop foo bar 'MY-PROP)

I feel that having both cases defaultly map to the same thing (without
quoting) provides greater flexibility.  In the first example, I was able
to distinguish two ways of using NREVERSE.  These weren't two different
symbols NREVERSE and nreverse.  Without this feature I'd have had call
them both either NREVERSE or nreverse.