Re: guess what.

    Setting up "&" to have a readmacro function
    can give ( &REST BAR) => (REST BAR)
    (&OPTIONAL A B C D E &REST K) => ((OPTIONAL A B C D E) (REST K))
    or whatever else you want.

This is not so good, because &keywords are only defined to have these
meanings in bvl's, but using them as readmacros causes them to be
expanded all the time.  True, how often do we use &, so it could be
slashed, but I'm still against having a readmacro that is only useful in
a special place.
                                        barmar