Re: DIGIT-WEIGHT/DIGITP and funny input bases

Kent has a point.  Supposing I were to come up with a funny
base that I wanted to input my numbers in.  I would prefer to
just have to rewrite the DIGIT=WEIGHT function to accept a
tag for this base, and then my code (which might be or might
duplicate the functionality of-INPUT FIXNUMS) would work in
this new base.  This type of inormation about turning characters
into numbers is best left at a low level.
					-Barmar