Re: extended addressing

Oops... I had been up too long when I sent that message.  Please ignore
the comments on VAX virtual address space.  There was both a calculational
and a conceptual error.  Actually I suspect that the real limit to
usable virtual address space is physical memory, and that we are far from
having enough physical memory on most systems to come near the address
space supported.  So the real issue would be which operating system
does a better job of paging, if indeed there is any difference at all.