[no subject]

Suppose we say that an explicit macro definition of the
form (macro . fn) is allowed as the car of an expression,
just like an explicit lambda.  Then suppose we also define
"lambda-macros" which are symbols used where lambda might
be used, but which define a function differently.  The
list starting with the lambda-macro is passed to the lambda-macro
which is supposed to return an expansion which is a valid
function.  Using these two features together,
((MODIFY CONS) FOO BAR) can turn into
((MACRO LAMBDA (FORM) ... definition such as PUSH could be defined with)
 FOO BAR) which would turn into
(SETF FOO (CONS FOO BAR)).