[no subject]

I have to admit I would normally use HUNKS and SUBRCALL to
make myself first-class function objects, even if I am
only going to use them statically. However, *sigh*,
I was doing something to live inside a macsyma environment,
(ah, so my true loosing stripes are showing), and
macsyma can't afford hunk pages just for a couple of my
little functions. The non-upward usage of local function would
be a win there.

(So, I'm resorting to DEF-FOO's which expand into LAP-A-LIST.
 No kidding).