Re: More LOOP fan mail.

Regarding your questions to me:
(1) An optimizing compiler might have an easier time of dealing
with a mapping construct, or with a LOOP construct, or even a DO (!)
than a PROG.  However, COMPLR reduces all three to a PROG before
doing its thing, so any differences in code size are attributable
to odd differences in the constructions of the PROG.

(2) I used to have a macor called FN, in the days before #',
such that (FN (X) body) => (FUNCTION (LAMBDA (X) body)), and I
found it useful.

(3) Maybe JONL will comment on MAPF versus LOOP.