Re: Open-coding, and proliferation of function names

I agree that names should not proliferate too greatly.  However,
I also believe that consistency dictates that a convention be applied
reasonably uniformly.  If you can attach a "FIX-I" or "FLO-I" tag
to most common arithmetic functions by spelling it differently
in an obvious way, then you ought to be able to do it for all,
rather than having to remember exceptions.  (Actually, GCD is used
possibly even less often than MAX, but we have \\, do we not?)