Re: Canonicalization of predicate oredering in DEL, MEM, etc.

Up to now, the functions DEL, MEM, etc. have been thought of as
taking an equality predicate so that one could write, for example,
(MEM #'= X Y) or (DEL #'STRING-EQUAL X Y).  However, the semantics
could be usefully extended to allow ordering operators:
	(MEM #'LESSP 3 X)
clearly looks for an element of X which is less than 3... or which
3 is less than.  Which?
I suggest that part of the definition be that the item and
the list element are fed to the predicate *in that order*,
to resolve the ambiguity.  (I propose that order rather than the other
order because the item and list arguments appear in that order.)
Therefore (MEM #'LESSP 3 X) would look for an element that 3 is less than.

Does anyone object to this becoming standard?  I realize that poone could
write (MEM-IF #'(LAMBDA (Y) (LESSP 3 Y)) X), but if that 3 is
a local variable then either MEM-IF must be open-coded or you get the
funarg problem... (grr.)