Re: LISP security query

LISP could be fine for a secure system. For example, I can just
imagine on the lisp machine a situation where if I typed the symbol
SI:OPEN, the reader would say, "Sorry bud, you don't have the security
clearance to look at the symbol."  Imagine having to give a password
to PACKAGE-GOTO.

Restricting READER is only one way to get security.
It could be quite elegant to use Lexical Closures to make
secure functions. If you don't want a LOSER/HACKER to redefine
stuff in your environment on you, well, you simply close
over the stuff in the environment which is sacred.

-gjc