Re: Once again a plea for slash

1) I agree with your sentiments about / vs. \ as the escape character.
Interlisp has used % for a long time with no ill effects.  Smalltalk
is about to use $.

2) Hurrah for "correct division".  Smalltalk is just about to bite the
bullet and implement two division operations:
	/ will produce an arithmetically correct result, an Integer if
possible, a Rational (if both operands are Integers or Rationals) or
Float if not.
	div: will produce an integer result truncated towards zero (or
minus infinity, I forget which), regardless of the types of its
operands.