Those two little suggestions for macroexpansion

    Date: 28 Jan 1982 1921-EST
    From: Fahlman at CMU-20C

    JONL's suggestion looks pretty good to me...
-----
Actually, JONL was just repeating suggestions brought up by GLS and EAK just
over a year ago on LISP-FORUM. I argued then that the recursive EVAL call was
semantically all wrong and not possible to support compatibly between the
interpreter and compiler ... I won't bore you with a repeat of that discussion.
If you've forgotten it and are interested, it's most easily gettable from the
file "MC: AR1: LSPMAIL; FMACRO >".