NCONC and LAST of locatives

Many people never use RPLAC* or NCONC in macros. Much of the time
macros can be written as destructure against a pattern, and then building
up of something using BACKQUOTE. A syntactic transformation, and so
a bit silly to use RPLAC* operations, especially if just for efficiency,
since on the Lispm the macro-consing will be in a temporary area anyway,
and in Maclisp garbage collection is so darn fast.

I'll admit your example was a bit confusing, so I may have misread
what you were trying to do.