OPENF

The final decision on the proposed OPEN/OPENF changes is to leave things
as they are.

The reason is that even if we were to change OPEN to take &rest
keywords, it still wouldn't be "standard" because it would not take
alternating keywords and values.  For OPEN to take alternating keywords
and values is not really desirable anyway as it increases verbosity with
no increase in clarity.  While in the future we will attempt to maintain
the standard form of keywords for new functions, OPEN will continue to
work the way it currently does.  (There were other issues too but I'm
not in flame mode...)