6871 partners wanted

I am looking for partners interested in a 6.871 project involving
knowledge-based code generation for pipelined processors. The idea is to
take a knowledge base that describes the processor pipeline, hazard
resolution etc, and a partial ordering on the instruction execution (a
data dependence graph). The result is a linear ordering of the
instructions which should run fast because it is designed with the
pipeline hazards in mind.

I would like a partner who understands pipelining, and hazards, i.e.,
someone who is taking or has taken 6.823 (computer architecture).

I have easy access to lisp machines on the second floor of NE43, and can
arrange same for partner(s).

If you are interested, send mail to Beckerle@xx.

-------